Saturday, September 24, 2011

Gaborone Game Reserve







Sat after work, Sonja Jackie and I went to the Gaborone GR after work. We get there and come across a few kudu, I take my camera out and it just wouldn't focus. I looked at all the settings and then realized that when my camera bag fell out of my backpack when we got back from Khama that something happened to the lens. The year previous when I was at Makanyane, my camera fell off my lap and the auto focus started acting up. But this fall did it in, I was so upset. I was leaving for Duma Tau the next day and my mom was coming the following week for our 2 week vacation. Here my camera won't work, ugh! The lens would work with manual focus but with that big lens it was very difficult to hold it steady and focus. I was beside myself. When I got home I called my dad and asked him to get me another lens and send it with my mom. So he called nelson's and they were out of stock because of the tsunami in Japan, they we having trouble gettin gstock. He found one in NY and it was being shipped overnight to get there the morning my mom was leaving. It finally arrived at 3pm with my mom having to be at the airport at 8pm. Talk about tight, thank god my dad got the lens and I would be able to have it for when my mom was here. That didn't help me for Duma, where I had wanted to go for the last 3 years, that is known for there preditor sightings. What a nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment