Thursday, May 14, 2009

Change in plan?


I might be leaving earlier than I thought to Botswana. I was scheduled to go around the 23rd of July. Now I might be leaving around the 18th of June! That is only a month away! I have so much to do still. I have started my shopping and have a collection of books to take with me. Right now I am reading the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency books. They are set in Botswana and they are cute books and a quick read. I am just starting the 6th one, "In the Company of Cheerful Ladies." I don't think I will finish all of them before I go so the ones I haven't read yet will go along with me. I got a cute journal with elephants on it. That is one thing I wish I would have thought about when I went to India. Now I can keep track of all the places I go and what I did. I am filling out a international driving permit application so I can drive the company car while I am there. The people that I will be there with don't really know how to drive a stick shift car. I am so excited to go.

1 comment:

  1. I thought you said July 18th. I was surprised to see that it is June. I will just get home before you leave. Boo hoo. Don't worry, I will keep you mom busy so she doesn't miss you too much and we can definitely communicate via the blog. The journal is a good idea. I think I will take one along. My friends Michael and Isabel are also coming to Russia so that is exciting. xoxox, Aunt Bob

    ReplyDelete