Saturday, May 9, 2009

Preparations begin!



I will be going to Botswana for 3 months the end of July. I will be working in Gaborone, the capitol of Botswana. Gaborone is in the south eastern part of Botswana near the border of South Africa. I am very excited to go and have gotten many maps and books about Botswana and other countries in Southern Africa. I will be there for Botswana's Independence Day holiday so I will have a break in work to go on Safari. Hopefully that long weekend I will be able to go to Tanzania and see the Crater and the Serengeti. There are many places in Botswana I would like to travel to while I am there also. Northern Botswana is said to have some of the best game viewing in Africa!
Yesterday I won 2 books on ebay, one on the birds of Southern African and another one on the animals and plants of Southern Africa. These will help me identify all the animals, birds, plants and insects I see. I am sure I will have several scrapbooks to make when I get back. I took over 1500 pictures in India when I was there for almost 5 weeks, I can't imagine how many I will take in Africa. I have already cleared all my chips so I have plenty to take with me. I practiced taking bird photos when I was in Utah last weekend for dog shows. Macy finished, yeah!! My Aunt Susie identified the bird for me. It was a black-billed magpie.

Here is a link to the Botswana Tourism Board:
:: Botswana Tourism Board ::

No comments:

Post a Comment