Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Bush House, Madikwe SA






I had a little get away from work to Madikwe before Wai Man left for HK. I left work at 1pm and drove the truck across the border into SA and then to the Bush Lodge. It took about 1 1/2 hours to get there from work. A lot of that time was sitting at the SA border in a line to get my passport stamped. They were so slow! I made it through and had to have the car checked. They remembered me from the week before because I still had the shredded tire in the back of the truck. I made it to the Lodge for High Tea and then off on a game drive. The lodge was a converted ranch house. It was nice and quiet there. They had only 5 rooms. There was a nice garden with beautiful trees, a pool and the lawn over looked a waterhole. The waterhole got a lot of action. Several times there were over 20 elephant taking some water. The food was good but all in all there was no comparison to the lodge I stayed at 3 weeks previous. That was the most luxurious place ever! I can't complain, this was a nice relaxing weekend and again my sister would love how hot the bath water is!

3 comments:

  1. Looks very nice. Did you go on safari here or was this for the Sun City trip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went on safari here. It was just for the weekend. It was my rest before Wai Man left for HK and I had to be in charge of the office

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may one day end up being in charge of the lab there!

    ReplyDelete