Thursday, November 4, 2010

Who would think...


Who would think a drink would cuse so much trouble. Actually, it wasn't just the drink. It was a combination of several things and I wasn't over being sick form before. The Monday before I went on holiday I ate left over steak and I knew right after I ate it that it wasn't good. My stomach was a mess for over a week. I was very worried about being on a game drive and having an attack. Luckily after the 2nd day at Xakanaka it seemed like I had recovered. After Mokolodi we all went to the Tea Garden for lunch. They had strawberry frappes on the board for the drink of the day. Most of us ordered them. It was so hot out and the drinks were so refreshing. Stephen and Lee ordered another on and I did the same. It took a long time for the drinks to arrived and I noticed little bumps on my arm. I had said I think I am getting a heat rash. Come to find out later that isn't what it was. We finished out meal and drinks and when to Riverwalk then back to the aartment. Later that night Suwanne cooked for us. In the morning the next day I had my coffee while I was skyping and my face started to burn and so did my palms. Then I noticed my throat was swelling and I was having a hard time swallowing. I took 3 benedryl and it got better. When I was at work I had some nuts after I was feeling better. THat was a mistake, my throat really got bad and I had to go to the hospital. I was having an allergic reaction to I thought was the strawberries which I have never had a problem with before. I ended up having to get a cortizon shot which flipped me out. I didn't want to get stuck with a needle there but they assured me it was ok and let me watch them take them out of the packages. The next day I had no coffee. Wed morning I had coffee which I have had every morning for the last 25 years and boom, burning palms and hives all over my arms. More benedryl and it got better. I decided to have no coffee until I got home from africa. I had it the next morning after I arrived home and boom, hives. Luckily I was going to see VAnessa for acupuncture and she fixed me up. I then went to ese Nicholai and he did allergy tests on the coffee and luckily I am not allergic to coffee. Of course I didn't take my stomach pills while I was in Botswana and ith me producing no stomach acid it allowed the bug to get into my system. That is what caused all the problems. I did try coffee again and I had burning palms but no hives. It is getting better but I am waiting on coffee for a bit longer

No comments:

Post a Comment