Tuesday, May 3, 2011

CKGR - New Birds

Dark Chanting Goshawk


Northern Black Koorhan



Ovambo Sparrowhawk


Lappet-faced Vulture


Scaley-feathered Finch




Shaft-tailed Whydah



Paradise Whydah



I saw 7 new birds while I was in the Kalahari. It would have been more if I would have asked Dennis to stop for LBJ's but I will just have to go back to the Kalahari another time. There were so many little brown jobs I couldn't believe it and I can't ID them unles I have a picture. The shaft tailed whydah isn't a new one, but this is the first time I have seen a male. The females are very plain but the males with the long tail feathers catch your eye as they fly by. I am hoping to make it to over 300 African birds this year. It might be difficult, I will have to work on the LBJ's, I don't think I will make it without them.





No comments:

Post a Comment