Sunday, May 22, 2011

Road trip to Nata Bird Sanctuary



































Miya, Pollen Amos and I took a road trip to Nata to go to the bird sanctuary. I had wanted to go there the last 2 years but never made it. We left very early, it was suprising we got Miya up that early but she slept most of the way to Francistown. We stopped in FT for lunch, Pie City...yum. They had peri peri chicken pies, I was so excited. There was a post office next door and Miya and I got some nice stamps, well I got a few bird 1st day covers she bought just about every stamp they had. After lunch we made the 2nd half of the journey to Nata. It was a long drive but we made really good time. Nata wasnt at all what i had pictured in my mind. I was thinking there was going to be a lot of water and it would be more like the Delta with a lot of birds. It was more like the Kalahari, dry and desert like with lots of pans. I had a great time, I guess it is better to go during the rainy season to see more birds though. I was hoping to see flamingos but they had already migrated out. We had a fun time and neither Amos or Pollen had ever been there before so that was another plus for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment