Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sua Pan


































We1st tried to stay in Nata but there was no rooms available at the lodge we went to. Pollen said there was a lodge in Sua so we tried there. If we stayed there we could drive around the pans in the morning and then head out. The road to Sua was under construction. we went on and off the road. We finally got to Sua but the lodge was further down the road by the salt mine. We finally got there, Amos and Pollen slept in the car. Actually we were all supposed to stay in the car but that didn't end up happening. Miya and I stayed in the room. Again, not my kind of place, yes I am a snob. I would have been ok in the car. All I could think about was bed bugs and then I had a dream about lice on the bed. We had dinner at the lodge and the guys played pool. We got up early, had a few snacks for breakfast. I walked around and took some pictures of birds. I did see a few new ones, a pied barbet and a black flycatcher. After we packed up, we drove to the pan. It was so white and so large. There was a springbok walking on the pan and some wildebeest on the long grass that went along the pan. We stayed there a bit and then drove by the mine and then back toward Francistown with a stop first at Amos' cattle post.




No comments:

Post a Comment