Monday, October 4, 2010

Mokolodi; I finally saw the rhino!




The morning after I arrived bck from my holiday up north I took Lee, Karen and Stephen to Mokolodi. They were going to do the cheetah pet so I drove them around the reserve for awhile before they did it. We did see a lot of animal. Karen saw her 1st giraffe but no rhinos. When we got back to the entrance for the them to go on the cheetah pet the one guide asked if we saw he rhino. I said no nd told him how in the6 months that I have been in Gabs, I had never seen them. When they got back from the pet, he told me where the rhino were so I asked them if they wanted to try and find them. So we went back in to find them. We went to where they were supposed to be bt couldn't find them. We made a loupe and found kudu. One leaped across the road and I got it on film. Then we found another giraffe close to the road. We decided to take ne more pass where they were supposed to be. We when down this little road that I didn't know was there and low and behold we found them. It was the mother baby and father. We were so close to them. The baby got up quick and was just watching us. We were very close to the dad. When we had enough pics I turned the truck around to leave. The truck was pointing toward the big male and he popped up quick. We got out of there very fast, hoping he wouldn't charge us. It was so exciting to finally see the rhino there.



No comments:

Post a Comment