Monday, October 4, 2010

Xugana Island Lodge, Okavango Delta


Xugana is a water based camp in the Okavango Delta. I really didn't want to go to a water based camp because I wanted to see wild dog but I did have a good time here. I was only there 2 nights but the camp had great gardens where I saw a lot of new birds. I was luckily I was in to birds or it would be a bit boring. On one afternoon we went to a heronry where there were hundreds of birds raising their young. Crocs sit and wait for the babies to fall out of the nests which was sad but that is nature. I saw lots of hippo's and saw some elephants but it was mostly birds. The people at the lodge were all so nice and it was a very friendly camp. Seeing a Paradise Flycatcher and getting great pics of Malachite Kingfishers were the highlight of the trip!




No comments:

Post a Comment