Sunday, October 4, 2009

Cape Town

Les let me take Sat off so I could have a full day in Cape Town instead of a ½ day. I had a ½ day our planned for Sat and a full day tour for Sunday. I was booked to stay at the Victoria and Albert hotel right on the V&A waterfront. I was picked up by the Magic Bus at 5 am at the Razzel Lodge and it took me to the airport. On the way there I flew on Mango air. It was a bright orange plane. It left on time and I was picked up at the airport by the tour operator. The weather wasn’t good when I arrived so I wasn’t able to go up on Table mountain. Most of my day was spent at the Kirkenbosh Botanical Garden. It was such an amazing place. It is right below part of the mountains near table mountain. All the flowers were in bloom, since it was spring. I could have walked around there all day. I didn’t even see a 1/4 of the gardens. I will definitely go back there and sped a full day if I am ever in Cape Town again.

I got to the hotel at a lttle before 2pm so it was a bit early for check-in. My room wasn’t ready so they asked me if I would like to be upgraded to the 5 star hotel across the street. I couldn’t refuse. The hotel was converted from a old home. All the 6 rooms were suites and I had champagne waiting for me in my room. It had a sitting area, a flat screen TV, a huge bathroom, the most comfortable bed I slept in since I was in the US and a private balcony overlooking the harbor. It was great and the mall was right across the street. I walked around for the rest of the day and bought myself so lion salad tongs, butter knife and cake server. I also had dinner in the mall.

The next morning my tour was with a group. We went all over Cape town, saw the seals, penguins, Cape Point, Cape Hope and many more places. If I go back I would like to do the wine tour and stay for more than 1 night. I had a great time there until I got to the airport. I was on South African Air on the way back and they over sold the flight. I got bumped to the next flight. The next flight was delayed. I got back to Jo’burg and the Razzel at 12:30 am and I had to work at 7:20am. Luckily I packed my stuff at the Razzel on Friday night. I was leaving back to Gaborone after work.

I left for the airport and arrived in plenty of time. I walked around the shops and went to the gate. While I was sitting there it started pouring, thunder and lightning. There was still an hour before my flight I was hoping it would pass. I had to be back in Gabs that night. I had to wash my clothes and back for my Chobe trip that was the next morning. 5:45pm came and there was no sign of getting on the plane. They gave us no information. We finally got on the plane I was so worried I was going to get stuck in Jo’burg and miss my flight the next morning at 9am. I finally got back to Gabs at 10pm, that was 2 hrs 15 minutes later than was supposed to be. That was still not as bad as what was to come the next morning.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! You just left us all hanging! What happened next?!

    ReplyDelete