Friday, October 9, 2009

Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe











I planned to take a day trip to see Vic Falls on THursday. I was driven to the border post by one of the lodge drivers. THere was another couple going also. We arrived at the border and the couple didn't have their Botswana resident permits so they couldn't cross the border. I went through and the guide was waiting for me at the Zimbabwe border crossing post. HE helped me through immigration and off we were to see the falls. THe road to Victoria Falls was a narrow 2 lane road and you would see wildlife al over. We saw giraffe, elepants and 3 sble antelopes. It was a very pretty drive. Zimbabwe is beautiful.

We got to the falls area and the guide signed me through and we went to look at the falls. The different parts of the falls all have different names and he pointed them all out to me. THere was one place where we had do do down over 70 steps . You had to be carefull because they were steep, wet and some had moss on them. You get wet going in that area. I wasn't there when it was really bad here you can't even use your camera because the spray is so bad but I did get very wet.

After the falls I went to take a tour of a traditional village and went to see the big tree. It was a huge boboab tree. THen I had lunch at the Ilila hotel. I sat on the patio and ou could see the mist from the falls. I had crocodile for lunch, it tastes like chicken but very very chewy. Zimbabwe no takes US currency so whne you pay it is in US dollars not their currency that was so devalued. At lunch we then met up with the couple that was supposed to be on the tour with me. Went to a crocodile farm where I held a baby croc and then back to the border. If I ever go back I would like to stay in Zimbabwe for a day or too. THere is so much to see in that country and it is safe for the tourists.

No comments:

Post a Comment