Sunday, August 30, 2009

Lion preview






I got back from Tau this afternoon and am too tired to pick the pics for the blog so I am just going to give you a preview of the lions I saw. The 1st game drive we got to 3 lions just after a kill. A female got a warthog, she got cut in the thigh/back in the process. The male stole the kill. One of the females was next to him eating the warthog and he had issue with it and went after her. I got a good shot of that. She went over and waited with the other female. He didn't share at all. The pride has 2 males- brothers and 3 females. One of the females has 4 cubs. On the way back to camp after seeing the 1st three lions it was getting dark and we came across a big male lying in the road. Our guide said it was the brother to the one we just saw. Then we saw the female on the side of the road. She went over to him and they mated right in front of us. The guide thought she was the mother of the cubs but we later found out she wasn't. The next day we found the mating par of lions and this morning we found the 4 cubs their mother and the female with the cut on her leg. The adults were off to hunt. The cubs were very skinny and in need of food. After a while the cubs went into the bust after the adults. We went around and you could see the females and the cubs far behind. We were hoping they would come and get the impala next to us but that didn't happen. I didn't see the wild dogs that was disappointing but I did see some good lions! I will post more tomorrow. I am not going to Jo'burg for a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment