Saturday, August 15, 2009

My Weekend in Gabs













Friday night after work Wai Man and I went to the portugese restaurant for dinner. They seated us even though we didn't have a reservation. I had the kebabs. They were pretty good. I still think Bull and Bush is better. The power went out several times while we were there. After that i just went back to the apartment and read. Of course I fell asleep doing so and woke up with all the lights on and had to get up and turn everything off.

Saturday morning I got up and went to Riverwalk to check and see if the one shop had the right butter dishes. Unfortunately they didn't. I am still on the hunt for them. After that I went to the museum to pick up the baskets I had bought from the basket exibition. I had to pick up my co-workers also since she is in Jo'burg. Tabona met me there and from there we went to the Gaborone Game Reserve. It is actually really close to the apartment. It was really cheap too. It was only 30 pula for the both of us and the car. It is a self driving place. They don't have any predators there. They had lots of ostriches and impalas. We also saw zebras, wart hogs, kudu, vervet monkeys, banded mongeese, baboons and 1 animal I couldn't identify. I sent it to Pat to see if she could figure it out. If she can't maybe she can send it to someone she works with at the Wild Animal park and they will know what it is. Tabona couldn't remember what it was but remembers they would kill them in his village. He said they were tasty but smelled and you had to have someone who knew how to cook them. It is the last picture on this post if anyone else want to figure it out. I saw some new bird there also. I did get a good picture of a blue waxbill. There were tons of little ones there. I didn't see them when I went back to the footprint carvings with my dad so that is good. I have a couple that I couldn't identify but I will have Aunt Susie help me with those. After that we went to the St Claires Lion Park. We found out when we got there it was a little amusement park for kids and didn't go in. Then we decided to go to Mokolodi and drive around. We didn't go at the right time of day and it was warm so we didn't see much. I did see Red Hartebeest for the 1st time and 1 new bird. I am over 100 birds now. I dropped Tabona off near his house and went back to the apartment, had Nando's strips and rice and finished my book.

This morning I was woke up to the sound of the politicians talking over the pa systems as they drove around our block. It was 6am! I couldn' believe it. THey did it all last night also. I can't wait for that to end! I talked to my mom this morning for awhile on skype. I said hi to Kiaya and Trevor. Trevor didn't get as worked up this time. She said it took a while for him to calm down the last time. Kiaya raked her a few times when I was taking to her also. She doesn't want me to talk to JoDee anymore because she says she gets depressed. My dad called from Australia this morning too. I am going to go drive around Mokolodi for a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment