Sunday, August 23, 2009

A naughty vervet monkey





On Saturday I went to Mokolodi and drove around for a few hours. Didn't see the rhino's again. They are hiding from me! I got back and then Wai Man and I went to the airport to pick up Nha. He is going to be here in Gabs for a few weeks then go to Jo'burg after I leave there. After that I went to Riverwalk mall to see the travel agents about my trip to Chobe. It was closed, I couldn't believe it. I will have to call them on Monday now. Wai Man and Nha met me there and we had a late lunch at Primi's. I finally tried something other than my cheese pizza I like so much. I had pasta and it was good. Sunday morning we went to the Gaborone Game reserve and drove around. We saw kudu, red hartebeest, impala, ostrich, zebra, warthog, wildebeest and a bunch of birds. We stopped at the observation tower and went up. I decided to go down and take a picture of Wai Man and Nha in the tower and when I got down a vervet monkey ran by me and jumped into the truck. I went over there and he took my bag of multi grain cheerios out of my bag and started to rip the bag to get at the cheerio's I was yelling at him and it did nothing. I went to the other door and opened it and still nothing. By this time Wai Man and Nha came down from the tower and were watching. I went back on the other side of the truck and he grabbed a bag of Lay's potato chip and jumped out to the truck with the chips and the cheerios. He then sat behind a tree and ripped into the chips. I just couldn't believe it. I now know to roll up the windows there before getting out of the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment