Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Travel Plans

On Monday, Dad and Cindy walked to the Riverwalk mall from the apartment while I was at work. It took them 1.25 hours to get there. Everyone at work couldn't believe they walked there. The travel agent still hadn't found anything for us because it is high season here and the flights are limited out of Gaborone. I went to meet them at lunch time. I went in to talk to the agent and told her if they couldn't get anything see if she could get them into Madikwe during the week. She told Dad and Cindy to come back in the morning on Tuesday. I drove them to the mall in the morning before work and they had 1 hour before the place opened. They called me at work and told me they were going to Madikwe for 2 days and were leaving at 1pm so I had to go to the apartment and get the keys from them and wait for the driver to pick them up. When I got to the apartment Dad told me that he and Cindy came back from the mall in a Combi. A Combi is like a mini van with 4 rows of benched seats and they are jam packed with people. I was so shocked, I couldn't believe my Dad actually did it. They went on 2! They will get back on Thursday night. I hope they see some good stuff! They have the big 5 there and I hope they get to see lions, rhino's and water buffalo because we might not see them in the Delta. They couldn't get us into Chobe or Vic Falls so we are going to the Delta for 3 days. We leave on Sat and come back on Monday evening. We are staying at the sister camp to Kanana where I went the 1st time up there. It looks nice and should be fun. They have free beer so my Dad will be happy! Here is a link to where my Dad is now and where we will be in the Delta.

Madikwe River Lodge

Shinde Camp - Ker & Downey - Journeys of Distinction

No comments:

Post a Comment